Monday, August 15, 2011

Challenges!

Challenge has been the key word for me for Celebrate. I'm missing supplies and now I discover how much I miss my Bernina. I tried free motion quilting with the used machine I bought and what a disaster. I'm used to free motion stitching with my old record Bernina 830 (I've had for more than 30 years) so thought another basic mechanical machine would offer the same service but I was mistaken. So now for the challenge of cover-up ....what sort of fiber art make-up can I use with the slim pickin's I have on hand. Anyway .... I did use the suggestion of glue to adhere petals to fabric and here is the result of those samples ..... I had some dried petals, lavender, grass and pine needles. Besides glue, I used some dimensional paint ... at least 15 years old but not dried up! I doubt they are the cover-up I need but it is good to know I don't need tulle to adhere my organics to fabric.
But I am still Celebrating!!!!! Life is good, summer is wonderful!

6 comments:

  1. I like what you have done with your organics, especially the one on the far right and the one on the extreme lower left. Looks like you might be working on a piece to celebrate nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes having a challenge is not much fun. I am glad you are able to take these potential set backs with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud you for going on even is this challenge has offered more obstacles than expected! You’ve made me even more curious about the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are some tough challenges to overcome, but from what I can see, you are doing a fine job of conquering them! I can't wait to see how it all comes together on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It hasn't been a good challenge for you, but look at it this way, hopefully you've got your disasters out of the way. I can't wait to see how you use the flower samples. I know it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see that you are having a good time, even in the face of adversity :-)

    ReplyDelete