Friday, August 19, 2011

Revealing of Challenge #3 ..............


Great work ladies with our second challenge, all deserving of a round of celebration with many thanks to Brigitte for putting us on the path to Celebrate!
 It’s now time for challenge #3 ……. I’ve taken a few photos of some tools that I found laying in drawers. Why? Because TOOLS is Challenge #3!

Of course we don’t have to think in terms of concrete, physical tools, there are many tools that are somewhat difficult to photograph, such  as metaphor could be considered a literary tool, or staccato might be considered a tool in music, ‘rules’ may be considered a tool to help guide an activity, or could principles of design  be considered tools in creating and analyzing a piece of art or décor in a room? I think the list of tools could be endless. I always like to remember one of my art instructors telling me that artists can break the rules, so let TOOLS be a starting point and let it take you where it may.

Challenge #3 Assignment: TOOLS
Reveal Date: October 21st
Size: 16” square

Let’s dig out our favorite tools and put them to work! Let’s not forget to share some tidbits of our creative process as we head to reveal day. Have fun!

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like this one- again, so many possibilities. And thank you for making the reveal date before I travel to Florida to see the granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! This is going to be an interesting one! I've already got some ideas staring to flow, and I've only just read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, same here, but keep reminding me to keep it simple! gina, i love the stone wall and bench.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gina, the ideas are already popping up! ANother wonderful theme to start playing with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Gina, I love your photos!!! I am definitely going to have to put my thinking cap on for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to need to think a while about this one. Thanks for the great introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup! This is a good one Gina! Love the pictures you used to introduce the theme! Been thinking about this one and may have already focussed on something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this one will be very interesting.......

    ReplyDelete