Sunday, August 24, 2014

No title, Just had Fun

I don't have a name for my quilt but I had fun making it! When I first saw Lisa's beautifully dyed fabric I thought it would be great in a Ricky Tim's Convergence quilt. I had made a couple of them a few years ago and have been wanting to make another for some time now. So I gathered other hand dyed fabrics that might work with Lisa's fabric. However as I hummed and haa'd I decided I would rather go with a crazy-like build as I go. However I couldn't get tear myself away from making a few sketches first.....
I started with creating a flap that would be the center-of-interest and where I planned to display the yarns and charms that Lisa included with our packets.....
 Then it was make a round, look, study, change, redraw and start the next round.....
 As I approached the 16" size I laid out several options for audition and took photos....





 I chose one and started quilting.......
 And finally came to the end with this.....

 And under the flap is the tissue paper that Lisa had wrapped our fabric and goodies in.....
 Thanks Lisa for a fun challenge!!!! And for all your work in preparing and getting supplies to us!


6 comments:

  1. What a fun piece Gina! I had given some thought to adding the tissue paper wrapping as well, but then chose to save it for another project. Well done with incorporating it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks like fun- it makes me smile! I love what your quilting adds, and the way you incorporated the tissue paper from Lisa was inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Gina! what fun!!! I loooove the flap, what a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take the prize for using everything Lisa sent. A joyful, clever use of the challenge materials + wrapping paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so clever! I like your choice and how you quilted it up.The flap with the tissue underneath is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you incorporated everything and used the Little flap to hide the label. and the colours are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete